What’re the benefits of GPS Tracking System?
GPS or Global Positioning System is a network of orbiting satellites that send precise details of their position in space back to earth. The signals obtained by GPS receivers, such as navigation devices and are used to calculate the exact position, speed and time at the location of the vehicles.
Benefits of GPS are:
- Save time– “Time is money”-people in the transportation business have realized how true the statement is. There are occasions when your fleet gets stuck in the traffic for several minutes. With a proper fleet management system, your fleet managers will be able to guide the drivers to avoid the busy streets on the real-time basis.
- Reduce downtime– Reducing downtime holds the key to improving the productivity and profitability of a transportation company. A good GPS tracking system will help you make informed decisions and schedule trip more efficiently, thus reducing the downtime of your vehicles.
- Optimize resources– GPS Fleet tracking solutions allow you to monitor your vehicles and get detailed insights on fuel usage, driver behavior, engine idling, etc. in real time. With the data obtained from a fleet management system, you can utilize your resources effectively and identify key money-saving areas.
- Reduce insurance costs – Insurance companies provide special discounts on vehicles that equipped with GPS tracking systems. You can reduce your premium amount by as much as 35%! Another great benefit of a GPS fleet management system, isn’t it?
- Maximize vehicle utilization – You can get the most out of your vehicles by using a GPS tracking system. Your fleet managers will be able to use the data and analysis obtained from the GPS tracking software to eliminate vehicle idle time, reduce over-speeding and decrease fuel consumption.
- Keep your customers happy– A loyal and happy customer base is paramount to running a successful transportation business. With the help of GPS tracking, your fleet will be able to respond to service calls quickly and reach your customers on time.
- Be more predictable – Uncertainty in your transportation business is a strict “NO”. Be more predictable by providing your customers with accurate delivery times, real-time tracking info and other minute details.
- Manage your field staff and drivers effectively– GPS fleet management systems will help the fleet managers in managing the drivers effectively. They can pull up the data obtained from the GPS tracking system, analyze it and take corrective actions whenever necessary.
- Optimize financial management– The GPS log data will allow you to investigate the routes taken by your drivers. With this data, you will be able to make an overall profit and loss analysis and allocate your budget accordingly.
- Increase the number of trips– GPS tracking systems can help you plan better. Your fleet managers will be able to assign tasks whenever they spot an idle vehicle. That way, you can increase the number of trips per day. More trips translate to more business.